Sunday 6 May 2012

More Deliciousness

I love making food for people. Whether it be chopping up as salad, making tea or cooking a curry- I love it. People are happy when they enjoy food, and I like sharing that happiness with my friends. Especially when I get to add a little creative flair to whatever I'm creating. Nevertheless, my skills aren't quite as great as I would like them to be.

So I've set myself a task. I intent to try something new every week. It could be something as simple as flapjacks or as complicated as goulash! Whatever it is it'll be fresh. Whatever it is it will be home made!

Hopefully the majority of these well meaning experiments will turn out more like this....

than this....

But I'm prepared for the disappointment of a culinary disaster. Heaven knows, I've had my fair share already.

In the meantime though I want to share with you some nice things I've managed to make (albeit with little effort and even less skill). Healthy and happy meal options- on a bit of a budget. 

Breakfast!



A salmon, onion and sweet pepper salad with my beloved Wakame. I added a Ryvita biscuit (with olive spread) and an iced Latte! Delicious no? To top it off I had a kiwi and orange fruit salad. 


Lunch!

Okay so I went to a placement during the week and decided to bring with me a big packed lunch to help me through it all. 
I made my 'quick tings' pasta sauce because I was in a bit of a hurry this time. I'll  show you my proper pasta sauce- one of my few gems when I have the time and the drive to whip up a proper batch!




Chicken wings, spicy tomato pasta (with dice  tomatoes and onions) and for dessert a fruit salad, with cherries, kiwi and oranges. 

Dinner!

I can't take credit for this, it was my fantastic mother's doing!




Spinach mash, roasted jack fish, and carrot, chilli and tomatoe salsa. Yum!


Okay so I went to a placement during the week and decided to bring with me a big packed lunch to help me through it all. 
I made my 'quick tings' pasta sauce because I was in a bit of a hurry this time. I'll  show you my proper pasta sauce- one of my few gems when I have the time and the drive to whip up a proper batch!

Until then!



1 comment:

  1. OMG YOU BITCH!! BE MY COOK!!! LOOKS SO AWESOME!! FEED ME AAAAHHHH!!! *DROOL*

    ReplyDelete